Center for NonViolent Communication (CNVC) har et program som fører frem til en sertifisering i IVK.
Introduction to the Certification Process
CNVC is committed to the vision of a critical mass of the world’s population using Nonviolent CommunicationSM (NVC) to resolve differences peacefully. A strong community of qualified trainers will play an important role in the realization of this goal.
CNVC has two long-term goals for the certification process:
- Create a community of trainers who want to work with CNVC to fulfill our vision.
- Ensure that the next generation and succeeding generations are taught NVC in a way that preserves and protects the integrity of the NVC process.
The certification process can support trainer candidates to reach the following goals: connection to CNVC, contribution to our vision, credibility, mutual support, and personal growth.
We want to emphasize that the Center has a unique perspective in offering certification, and that may be different from the assumptions some candidates start with. For CNVC, certification is a validation and celebration of a new colleague joining our community. It is not a permanent credential like a diploma, but needs be renewed each year to stay in effect. In essence, it is an annual renewal of your commitment to the organization.
The Certification Philosophy: “Power With” not “Power Over”
CNVC brings a unique perspective to trainers who want to become CNVC Certified Trainers. You will find this process quite different from most traditional training programs.The Certification Team members who support trainer candidates on their journey toward certification are called «assessors.» They create a partnership with a candidate — what we call a “power with” process, rather than domination or “power over.” This paradigm shift allows assessors to carry out their roles in a spirit of shared respect and shared power. When you enter the certification process, we invite you to the challenge of experiencing this shift.
Your Commitment: By the time you become a CNVC Certified Trainer, you will have acquired:
- A strong grounding in NVC consciousness, demonstrated by your views of social change and NVC spirituality, and by participating in an NVC community.
- A deep understanding of the NVC process, and proficient teaching skills, as well as a willingness to continue to grow in all these areas.
- At least one year of teaching NVC as a non-certified trainer, including leading workshops and practice groups; significant training experiences with at least three different CNVC Certified Trainers for guidance; at least 50 days of NVC training over the course of three to five years; along with training logs and personal NVC journals to help you chart your own progress and learning.
What’s Next? The path to CNVC certification has three phases: registration, pre-assessment and final assessment, in sequence. The Certification Preparation Packet of materials is designed to support candidates in deepening their NVC consciousness, teaching skills, and understanding of NVC concepts. These materials are also designed to help candidates determine their own readiness for completing each phase.
Whether or not you decide to pursue CNVC certification, we hope that your enthusiasm for spreading and sharing NVC will continue. The “Guidelines for Sharing NVC for Individuals Who Are Not CNVC-Certified Trainers” is offered for your information. We request that you follow these guidelines, or contact Certification for further discussion.
If you are interested in further details about the certification process, we recommend that you download, print, and read the entireCertification Preparation Packet MS Word or Certification Preparation Packet Adobe Acrobat or Certification Preparation Packet Rich Text Format which will tell you what you need to do before applying to register as a trainer candidate.
We recognize that applying for certification is a serious commitment. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss your interest with one of our training staff, please contact Certification
Les mer på CNVCs egne sider